My name is Aristidis Marousas. I am a content creator and storyteller.
I was a late bloomer when it came to realizing I was truly interested in storytelling and content creation. I had been interested in hosting the Nature television program on PBS and recreating scenes from Harry Potter and Star Wars (or even creating completely new storylines). I enjoyed putting on "plays" for my parents alongside my younger brother and family friends our age. Reading was another favorite past time of mine.
However, despite the evidence, it was not until my junior and senior years of high school when I realized being creative allowed me to access a deeper part of myself than I had ever realized.
Being first generation Greek/Welsh-American, career paths such as acting and the arts were never a part of the discussion. In typical immigrant fashion, conversations on what I wanted to be when I was older involved such noble pursuits as becoming a doctor, lawyer, businessman, and so on.
This all changed after my experience in high school drama classes, and a role in my senior year musical.
It was not a sudden or abrupt change. I spent my four years at Rutgers University working towards a double major in Supply Chain Management & Marketing Sciences and Economics.
During the meantime, however, I was able to land my own one hour show on WRSU FM New Brunswick where I played music and discussed that week's top news headlines from around the world. This show was entitled The Motley Experience and would transition into a blog which I still operate today.
During the summer before my junior year, I was being paid as an intern at a freightforwarding company. I used this money to begin a journey I had been yearning for since 2004. In the summer of 2012, I began training to become a professional wrestler at the Warriors of Wrestling training center in Staten Island, NY.
"Love what you do and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. You do what you want, what you love. Imagination should be the center of your life."
Today, I am a full time employee at a multinational beauty company. Outside of this, however, I am involved in a few different projects which serve as my creative outlets.
- First and foremost, I am professional wrestler and sports entertainer Andros "The Greek".
- I host "the longest running web series to be hosted by a Greek professional wrestler", Greek Talk.
- I have become an author of a few short stories. Slowly but surely, I am working my way to writing and publishing a novel.
- Content Creator for The Motley Experience. I use this blog as a means to create and share a variety of content. This includes short stories, opinion pieces on current events, journalistic pieces, and even short films and documentaries.
- Producer for ME Productions. I created this as an offshoot of The Motley Experience. It is my vehicle for creating, directing, editing, and even acting in short films and short documentaries.
- Acting is certainly something I want to pursue. Due to my busy schedule, I often have difficulty making it to auditions and being a part of productions. Professional wrestling, Greek Talk, and ME Productions have become my way of scratching the itch for acting. I've also had the pleasure of being a background actor for the HBO series, The Deuce.
My greatest struggle at this time is juggling all of the above and prioritizing. At this point, sports entertainment is at the top of the list because I realize there is an expiration date in terms of age and health on when I can be involved.
My hope is that by working hard and providing quality content that I can stand by, I may seriously break in to one or more of the industries that the above are related to.
I also hope that those reading this will join and support me on this adventure, this odyssey.